Friday, April 27, 2012

Losing My Grandpa

It was a Saturday morning. I  woke up with tears in my eyes had the craziest dream ever. Like I was losing something but didn't know what it was. So I just went on with my day took a nice hot shower then put some clothes on.

Walking in the kitchen seeing my dad sitting on the chair. Running as fast as I could to get to him I jumped on his lap in tears telling him how much I missed and love him. Seeing me so happy and shocked tears just flowed down his face to his shirt.

 With happiness's as the day go's on feeling so happy and thankful that my dad is out of prison. As it gets late worrying where my mom is so my dad comes home and tells me to get in the car I don't even question him then he says we have some where to go as we get to the hospital sitting in the car wondering why I'm here.

We get out the car I shut my door BAM! as we start to walk to the door. My dad says papa passed away so I'm sitting here wondering okay this can't be right because I just talked to him yesterday and he was fine.

 So we get in the hospital and my cousin Brittany runs out of the hospital and brake down to the ground crying my dad go's to get her and brings her back in. I'm just so confused right now as we get to the waiting room my mom gets up and walks me into the room with my sister as i see my grandpa lay in a hospital bed.

 My mama beings to talk she says look at your grandpa he is gone he's in a better place as she starts to cry. Mama he's just sleep that's all hold on as I being to stop my self what you mean he in a better place!? tears going down her face as she beings to speak NO! ALYIA! NO! he's dead.

Not saying a word I brake brake down to my knees and hands screaming, and crying NO! PAPA! as i being to run toward my papa screaming and crying PAPA! PLEASE! WAKE UP! PLEASE! PAPA! DON'T DIE ON ME! PLEASE! but he had already passed as I fall to the floor my dad picks me up telling me it's okay when I know it's not crying so hard and loud I being to stop.

Then start again as I'm sitting on my dad lap I start to put my arm around him as he do the same. Telling me I'm gonna be okay as I stop crying my mama holds her hands out I rush into her hands and arms I grab her tight and we all walk out to the car I get in slamming the door so upset as my mom get in she beings to speak It's okay sweetie. She beings to drive off as we fly down the highway I being to dose off thinking about the man I loved and looked up to the most my grandpa. LOVE YOU GRANDPA Rest.In.Peace

4 comments:

  1. I like this i have a story just like this but i lost my cousins and i know how you feel and if you ever need anybody to talk to you can count on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwww thank you so muchh.. the same for you

      Delete
  2. I have a apoem in witch I wrote in memory of my cousin that just died on monday same tears fell down my face at the hosptiol seeing him connected to all these machines . I love the story

    ReplyDelete